Got the Munchies?

Waking up early in the morning, walking from class to class, for six hours a day, there’s limited time to take a break as students are tiring themselves out. They’re not allowed to eat food other than the one served during lunch. But these are Millenials we’re talking about. If they say they’re hungry enough to eat a cow, they’re not kidding.

Restaurants such as Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A, Whataburger, and Subway are popular among teens and have popular items on the menu. From the original chicken sandwich at Chick-Fil-A, to the frappuccinos at Starbucks, students can be seen eating and even indulging in these foods.

“I like all of these and more,” Will Castronovo said.

Out of a poll conducted, Chick-fil-a came in the lead as the favorite restaurant with 35.7% of the votes, Whataburger coming in second with 28.6%, and in third place Starbucks with 21.4% of the votes.

“Even Chick-fil-A’s salads are tasty and I love their dressing sauces, they bring a fun flavor to the food you’re eating,” Lamya Dollar said.

Many people prefer Chick-fil-A as their top choice because of the food quality, and different array of menu items.

I like Chick-fil-a because they have a wide variety of things to choose from,” Jeffery Wright said.

Not only are these desired places to eat and spend time with friends, but also appropriate places for students to work at. Part-time jobs are available for those looking for places to work and earn some extra cash.

“I really love working at Chick-fil-A, I met a lot of nice people, it is a fast pace job but we all work together as a team and have lots of fun,” Haley Baldwin said.

Working at these popular restaurants has allowed students to enjoy the experience of going there and serving customers outside of school hours.

“I have gotten to meet a lot of customers that come in often and I’m glad that I can serve them. It seems like a different kind of mood there, everyone looks out for each other,” Baldwin said. “I enjoy my experience that I have when I’m working.”