Please reference kleinisd.net/COVID19 for the most current information regarding closures and district measures to mitigate the coronavirus’ impact on the Klein ISD community.
Klein ISD has closed all schools, canceled all district events and extracurricular activities March 16-20. The District said in an update published Thursday afternoon that the decision was proactive. The closures follow a growing number of coronavirus cases in the Houston area. The pandemic has also spurred the closure of several high-profile events including the SXSW, Houston Rodeo, Tomball Germanfest, and impacted a host of professional sports.
“Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the safety and well-being of our students and families, we have made the proactive decision that ALL Klein ISD schools will be closed Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 20, 2020,” said the district.
Further, the District has also canceled all district events and extracurricular activities until plans have been announced to reopen any Klein ISD facilities, “effective immediately”. District events and extracurricular activities include [but are not limited to] “all district-sponsored UIL, athletics, fine arts, clubs, and group events”.
As a reminder, please remember to:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (the time it would take you to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ twice) or, if soap is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are commonly touched around the home or workplace.
“Should you have specific questions about COVID-19 for Klein ISD, for the quickest response and instead of emailing individuals, please use the contact form located at kleinisd.net/COVID19. This form is monitored frequently and responses are provided regularly from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. weekdays.”